Friday 25 October 2013

Dinner at Breakfast at Antonio's: A Meal to Remember

Finally!!! I get to eat at Breakfast at Antonio's! I've read about it over and over again and I guess it's about time I get to experience it myself, and that's thanks to our business partner, Mam Beth Lacson, for making this possible!
Welcome to Breakfast at Antonio's

I'm all about first impressions so here's what I thought about the place.

Breakfast at Antonio's reminds me so much of a "Bahay Bakasyunan". It has high ceiling, very open space so it feels so relaxing, dark wood floors, netted windows and hanging and potted greens everywhere.
Reception/Waiting Area

Potted and Netted
But though it felt old school, the furniture are so not. Just look at this chair. Who would have thought wires that keep trespassers away can make a chair look cool?!
Style and Comfort
But what blew my mind was the uniform of the staff. Look how old school our lady server's clothes are. So cool.
Coolest Outfit
As for our orders, it took us newbies quite a long time to decide what we really, really, really want because there were so many uncommon choices to choose from. I mean, it's not every day you see these in your menu: Roesti, Bleu D’ Auvergne, Gruyere, Sauerkraut or Horseradish. We have to be careful what we order or we might end up just wasting it.

But, finally, we decided on the Bacon & Swiss Cheese Roesti Over Easy Eggs (P320); Bacon, Mushroom & Cheese Fritata (P400); Portabello Tagliatelle with Truffle Cream Sauce (P495) and Beef Stroganoff with Gherkin Mushroom Sauce just to name a few.
Bacon & Swiss Cheese Roesti Over Easy Eggs (P320)
For those who are not familiar with Roesti (like me), it's pancake made from Swiss potatoes done the extra crispy way. Topped with as crispy bacon, every bite was a mouthful, and a very unhealthy one at that. Clogged arteries here we come.
Beef Stroganoff with Gherkin Mushroom Sauce
The Beef Stroganoff Pasta was very filling and creamy. The person who ordered this was not able to finish it but had it wrapped to go.
Bacon, Mushroom & Cheese Fritata (P400)
The Bacon, Mushroom and Cheese Fritata I ordered for myself and I did not regret it in every single bite (I just had to drink tons of tea after). The bacon wrapped inside the 3-egg omelette was super crispy, and the mushrooms taste super good.
Portabello Tagliatelle with Truffle Cream Sauce (P495)
But aside from these amazing and sosyal-sounding dishes, you can also buy fresh veggies from their store.
Veggie Stall
They also sell bread and pastries which I am so tempted to buy because I've heard are good. They also come in cute paper bag.
Fresh Bread also available
As after a great meal, I felt very fulfilled because 1) the food was great and definitely worth the price though I'd only go back for special occasions 2) the place is refreshing, something different from your typical restaurant and 3) the staff were very courteous and polite even when we complained about the tiny cockroaches that kept wandering to our table (we were told they came from the plants so at least they're clean?)

Thanks for reading and Happy Eating!





















4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this blog, It got me really interested... you know how it is when you read so much stuff and find that so much about them are so overrated! >_<
    May be when we plan to go back up to Tagaytay, I'll be whining about this place to hubby dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, do that, I'm sure you won't be disappointed, especially with the Bacon, Mushroom & Cheese Fritata :)

      Delete
  2. And by the way - did you ake the pics yourself? You're pretty good at snapping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and thank you! yes, I took them myself... with digicam :)

      Delete