Thursday 25 July 2013

The Not-So-Amazing Aloha of Jollibee

Six years ago was the last time I had Jollibee's Amazing Aloha burger and I loved every bite. The grilled double burger patties, the slice of juicy pineapple and the crispy bacon, hmmm, just thinking about it already makes my mouth water.

So when it came back recently, I know we had to have our reunion, and it happened on a Sunday afternoon at a branch that I've never been to, T.M. Kalaw cor. Ma. Orosa.

I had the Amazing Aloha burger meal complete with regular drinks and fries. I was pretty excited as I opened the box where my burger lies.
Amazing Aloha Burger Meal

As  I opened the box, what I saw completely disappointed me. The burger was unappealing and way different from what I had six years ago.
2013 Amazing Aloha
Okay, so it still has the same ingredients but this time was way different. The patties were burnt and dry, the lettuce was a lone white piece and it's not even the leafy portion.
2013 Amazing Aloha Ingredients
And then there's the bacon which was supposed to be fried and crunchy but turned out to be steamed and soggy. However, I did like the pineapple slice which was grilled a bit because it was juicy.

All in all, this was not a very fulfilling reunion with the Amazing Aloha for me. I hope that I'd be luckier the next time.

Happy Eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment