Wednesday 24 April 2013

First Timer at J.Co's

I used to say when I pass by any J. Co store, "What's with J. Co? Why always the long line? It's only a doughnut shop right?" Well, I got my answer early this morning.


Our usual route to work would not take us near any J. Co store but on this fine morning, due to transportation hassles, the Hubby and I had to ride a van going to SM MOA then take a cab to Makati. The unloading point was at the north transport terminal of MOA, right across the J. Co store.

Since it was still pretty early and there were no lines (can you believe that?!), we decided to find out what J. Co is offering to warrant such long lines, everywhere.

When we stepped inside the J. Co (for the first time), we were greeted with a burst of yellow. Well, yellow-orange to be exact, which are the boxes. Boxes of different sizes stacked the counter top and beyond, probably in preparation for the throng of customers coming later in the day. But then the yellow was nothing compared to the glossy rainbows by the display case. Mouth-watering doughnuts were beckoning for my full attention, where I eventually chose half a dozen of them to go.
My 1st Half Dozen Donuts ^_^
Let me introduce the flavors: (top right to bottom left) Why Nut, Alcapone, Tiramisu, Unknown, Avocado Dicaprio and Blue Berrymore. Catchy names, noh?!

Among these flavors, my favorite was the blueberry because:
1. I like berries
2. the topper was not icing or cream but sort of like jam
3. there are cheese sprinkles too, so its a combination of sweet and salty, perfect!
4. the whipped cream-like filling was not super sweet  but nicely complements the jam on top

I also bought a cup of Hot Americano, P85.00 at 12 oz., and guess what, it comes with a free Glazzy donut!
Love the Cup. Super Chic
So would I ever go back to J. Co? Definitely!!! Again, again, and again. In fact, I have date with J. Co on May 1st for 12 dozens! BTW, these are the prices for assorted donuts:
Half Dozen - P230.00
1 Dozen - P350.00
2 Dozens - P550.00

I'd advise you to buy 2 dozens because it's cheaper (wink!)

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment